Tal-Ya Agriculture Solutions’ revolutionary product presents a dramatic opportunity for the agriculture industry worldwide. Tal-Ya manufactures a unique, patented polypropylene tray that covers the plant’s root system, funneling water and fertilizer directly to the root, while protecting the surrounding area from weeds and extreme temperatures.
Tal-Ya trays provide a number of benefits, which together create a “personal greenhouse” for each tree or plant, leading to accelerated growth and shorter farm-to-market time:
- Lab and field trials proved that Tal-Ya trays allowed at least 50% reduction in water consumption and at least 30% reduction in fertilizer consumption.
- The tray blocks the sunlight thus preventing the growth of weeds around the plant. Tal-Ya solution facilitates organic farming by eliminating the need for chemical herbicides, which results in cost savings as well as in growing healthier produce.
- The UV-reflecting coating of the tray’s surface creates double benefit of protecting the tray from degradation and providing sunlight up into the leaves on the underside of the tree (leaves which do not usually receive sunlight), enabling photosynthesis to occur there and accelerating the growth of the plant.
- The tray traps air underneath it, which provides insulation and temperature control, protecting the plant from extreme cold and hot temperatures.
- Water is constantly evaporating from the earth. The tray traps this moisture and channels it back to the root of the plant, creating ideal conditions for growth.
Tal-Ya trays are manufactured in Israel and sold to customers in the United States, China, Chile, Georgia, Sri Lanka and Israel.
Source: Tal-Ya Agriculture Solutions